E-commerce is highly competitive. You must know how to beat the competition to be at the top. It is quite tricky to catch the attention of customers and compete with different e-commerce giants. Search engines do not want the most optimized sites at the top of the search results. They want the best pages and the best sites. To see your site on top, you have to use SEO (search engine optimization). SEO is the process of improving the website rank to increase traffic and enhance the visibility of site on search engines.
There are some SEO methods mentioned below which will help you in improving your site rank:
Researching Keyword for E-Commerce
Keyword research is the backbone of SEO. It is a particular word or phrase that describes the contents of a web page. With the use of a right keyword, your site will appear more frequently and prominently in the search engine result page (SERPs). To find the best keyword you have to focus on these primary areas which are:
- Relevancy: Before selecting a keyword you must consider the purpose of a page.
- Research about your competitor: Develop a strategy that fits your site by spying on your competitors. See what keywords they are using and what kind of site structure they have.
Optimize your website
After researching the keyword, it is the time to optimize your site. It is also called as on-page optimization. You have to fill your various categories, sub-categories and product pages with descriptive and unique content. Effective on-page optimization allows the search engines to quickly determine the subject of each web page and site so that they can deliver the best landing pages to users who are performing searches.
- Serve the purpose of the page: Content should be written in such a way that it describes the page purpose.
- Avoid duplicate content: Duplicates contents confuses the search engines and also decreases your site search engine visibility.
- Supplement your customer with secondary media: Customers crave for information, and they want to know a lot about a product before buying it. Consider developing a how-to video via YouTube and add it to your relevant product page. This videos will make their way into Google search.
- Optimize URLs: Optimizing your category and product URLs is a simple way to organize your pages. It reinsures the customers that they have reached the right place. It is also another tool for search engines to index the pages of your site and list you in a SERPs.
Meta tag and URLs
It is essential to write Meta title tags and descriptions quite well. The category, product URLs, and photo all tags are significant on-page SEO factors.
- Title tags: A Meta title tag is the title of the web It serves as the title of search results in the form of a blue clickable link. Usually, it is keyword focused and describes what the page is about. It should be around 60 characters in length. Use a Google SERP optimization tool to craft your title tags and Meta descriptions before you place them on your site.
The end goal of SEO is to increase sales. If you do it in the right way, then there would be an increase in traffic and convert visitors into a purchase. And by following the above methods, you will see rapid growth in your website’s SEO rank.